Sunday, March 11, 2007

One of those days

So today was just one of those days. I'm still recovering from a nasty cold, I saw firsthand the effects of a close friend's rebellion, I was distracted during church by a bunch of rebellious kids, the senior meeting didn't go nearly as well as we'd hoped, I got in a fight with my mom, and life just seemed like it couldn't get much worse. After reconciling with my mom, she made the comment, "You know, it's days like this that make me long for heaven." After we had finished talking, I came down to my room but couldn't think of anything to do, so I started thinking about heaven. Then I decided to turn on some music, and it dawned on me to make myself a mix of songs about heaven. After sorting through many good songs in my collection, here's the final mix I came up with.

"Foreverandever, Etc." by David Crowder*Band
"Perfect Day" by Josh Bates
"I'll Fly Away" by Jars of Clay
"When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley
"Smile" by Chris Rice
"Elijah" by Rich Mullins
"Homesick" by MercyMe
"Great Expectations" by Steven Curtis Chapman
"On Jordan's Stormy Banks I Stand" by Jars of Clay
"Up Where We Belong" by BeBe and CeCe
"Before the Throne" by Sovereign Grace
"Our Happy Home" by David Crowder*Band
"Breakfast Table" by Chris Rice
"Ready for a World" by FFH
"Take Me Away" by Sarah Kelley
"One of These Days" by FFH
"I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe

I can wholeheartedly suggest that you track down all of these songs and buy them and listen to them when you're feeling down. I know that nothing ecourages me more than the thought of heaven, where conflict will be gone and we'll rest forever in the light of his glorious face. So like my mom said, I can seize on days like these to meditate on the glories of the future. There's a reason Hope is one of the three things that remain in 1 Corinthians 13, it's what keeps us going when nothing else will.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

amen. "fix your eyes on the unseen..."

thanks friend.